Soccer Manager 2018 Out Now
Darkvill

Players names

I have this too (Android)

Had a defender called Sarp

Played the game for a season or two.

Returned to the game, his skill levels have increased randomly and he has a new name.

Played for a while with the new name, came back to the game today and he is back to being called Sarp again.

This has also happened to a few of my other players - random name changes and skill level changes not in line with expected increases from training etc, just completely random increases or decreases of a few points at a time.

Always after ending a session and starting another one, never mid gameplay.

• Haha 1

Hi, thanks for reporting this! This bug first appeared in an update earlier this week, where Youth players were regenerated so appeared with different names and statistics, we quickly found this bug and released a new update a few days later that returned the players to how they were before the bug first happened.

We suspect that the change that you saw was your players going back to how they were before the bug. The bug is now fixed and should not happen again.

Thanks for the response! It happened to my youth players and a few players I picked up on a free transfer. The most annoying part is my 72 rated 16 million pound (ish) goalkeeper randomly dropped to 65 points and is now worth only 4 million quid (along with the name change)

Unfortunately it looks like if you saved your game with the bugged players in place, their stats won't have reverted back to their original values. We're very sorry for the inconvenience!