Soccer Manager 2018 Out Now
lioncitylion

In-game buttons not working

Issue Summary: In-game buttons not working

Issue Details: When I open the game, I cannot get any further than the title page because none of the buttons work, not even the disclaimer text.

Countries selected at start: England, France, Russia, ?
Game Date(when issue was found): Unsure

Device details;

BRAND            : Acer

MODEL            : Aspire V3-371-72A2

OS                    : Windows 10

VERSION        : ?

Any Additional Information(What can we do to reproduce the issue?): I am stuck on the screen below and none of the buttons work. I had been able to play the game for a while but when I came back a few days later my saved game had disappeared and I couldn't go past this page.
5a63535d1e521_sm2018screenshot.thumb.png.0784c29335c10a06d6f7f04f8eaf9b39.png

I'm having this issue as well. I've downloaded the game from steam and from the facebook gameroom app. If it's any help, I believe it's an issue client side as I have the same issue on both applications.

*The steam community suggested that it potentially could be a firewall problem but it's not that either. So there is a fix out the window*

Edited by xoltion_loop

I've also found out that I can open soccer manager and soccer manager 2018 on steam at the same time. Steam doesn't let you open two games at once. So I don't think my steam is recognising the game.

We're still looking into this, it seems to be something to do with saves being incompatible or not being recognised. We are currently focusing on the new update which will be released soon so unfortunately this might not be fixed for a little while, but we will look into it more as soon as possible!

Theo

7 hours ago, Theo(SM Support) said:

We're still looking into this, it seems to be something to do with saves being incompatible or not being recognised. We are currently focusing on the new update which will be released soon so unfortunately this might not be fixed for a little while, but we will look into it more as soon as possible!

Theo

That's good to hear that the problem may have been found. Hopefully, it can be squeezed in before the next update until then I'll be playing with my save files and seeing if I can find a temporary solution :)

I've managed to solve this for myself and I hope this works for all of you!

You will need to go to your save files!

To do this go to your files This PC > C: > Users > YOUR_USERNAME > AppData > LocalLow > SoccerManager Ltd > SM2018

There should be ONE save file if there are two or more DO NOT continue

If there is ONE save file it should be called SM2018_save_0
DELETE IT

Go to your recycling bin and clear it from your computer

Open up SM2018

It will say New Game (hopefully) and you're able to play.

Your previous save should be there when you are in the game itself and click SETTINGS>Load/Save game.

I'm not too sure on that but my SM2017 save is there. I believe that's the save. OR it's what year the save file is on, which would be correct as I didn't play much of SM2018 when I could

I Hope this helps you all!!!!!!!! 

9 hours ago, xoltion_loop said:

I've managed to solve this for myself and I hope this works for all of you!

You will need to go to your save files!

To do this go to your files This PC > C: > Users > YOUR_USERNAME > AppData > LocalLow > SoccerManager Ltd > SM2018

There should be ONE save file if there are two or more DO NOT continue

If there is ONE save file it should be called SM2018_save_0
DELETE IT

Go to your recycling bin and clear it from your computer

Open up SM2018

It will say New Game (hopefully) and you're able to play.

Your previous save should be there when you are in the game itself and click SETTINGS>Load/Save game.

I'm not too sure on that but my SM2017 save is there. I believe that's the save. OR it's what year the save file is on, which would be correct as I didn't play much of SM2018 when I could

I Hope this helps you all!!!!!!!! 

We're happy to hear that this has worked for you! However we do NOT recommend that users change or interfere with their save files in this way as it can result in problems or accidental save deletion - we urge anyone reading this that if they do this, they do it entirely at their own risk.

You mentioned that your "SM2017 save is there" - what do you mean by this? Did you copy an SM17 save into your SM18 data folder?

I thought it was my SM2017 save file. However, that wasn't the case. It was my previous save file as I played since October 14th 2017. This means that my previous SM2018 save was on 14/10/17. Just got my dates the wrong way around

Not too sure this works as yes it can now start SM2018 but it cannot find my game 

Yep I agree.  So have started afresh with National League team instead of a championship team and find the chairman is signing players of increbible values like £1.5M and I look at their stats and compare them to the players in the squad value at only £1,000 and can't work it out.  

11 hours ago, BeeLen said:

Yep I agree.  So have started afresh with National League team instead of a championship team and find the chairman is signing players of increbible values like £1.5M and I look at their stats and compare them to the players in the squad value at only £1,000 and can't work it out.  

We've changed how player values work on new games. Age now plays a much bigger role in the calculation of player values, so you will probably notice that the player worth £1,000 is in his late 30's or maybe even 40

And now my computer crashed and now it cannot see my saved game.  I really despair of facebook gameroom incarnation of this.

The save file is still there dated at the time my laptop crashed.  But the unity are when I tried to launch SM again

image.png.1eae0e385151f6c7c1b1f7b8bfe246d8.png

We're really not sure what could have gone wrong here.

I personally suggest that you completely uninstall and reinstall the game then leave the game files untouched, as its likely that there has been some kind of corruption in your game files.

Theo

Gameroom could be your problem. I use steam and I haven't had an issue since. I believe my save file still existed as it was also stored in the steam cloud (i think). When using games like this, steam is potentially your best option as facebook wont hold your data as well as steam as facebook isn't a gaming website!