Soccer Manager 2018 Out Now

Hey guys. I'm a portuguese man and im training Woking. In the last season i was champion of the premier league , yeah , im in PL now. But now , in the 3rd year on PL , with same tatics that i was champion, the game is very difficult , i cant win 2 games consecutives. The tatic is 4-3-3 A , agressive normal, passe short , ritm normal, attacking , attack mixted and all above of pression. Some help ? I tried a lot but i cant , 4-2-3-1 result in almost games, but not it all

I have noticed staying with the same formation, especially in Champions league games can be a mistake. I usually play 3-4-1-2 in my league games, but switch to 4-4-2 for the CL. I also find that I have to set tackling to soft and pressing to own half to avoid too many red cards. If you look at the real life story of Leicester City you will see that what worked last year doesn't always work the next season. Saying that I feel that the key to winning games is using your scouting network to continually refresh your team and so give your opposition a constantly changing lineup of quality players. Morale seems to be quite important too and players low on morale will tend to be less effective.  

As for formation, as mentioned  I usually play defensive 3-4-1-2 pressing own half mixed mixed and always buy young players who have potential to become world class, but you will find some scouts are better than others in finding these players. 

I have been using the 4-1-3-2 tactic for quite some time now and tbh it's my most used tactic, i also use a 4-3-1-2 for matches where i need to be more defensive, like against Juventus or Bayern in the Champions League. I don't usually switch the formation as it usually works pretty well. Instructions wise i go Fast-Attacking All over pressure and mixed passing and normal tackling. This has been the most effective for me. I win a lot of games this way. For instance in the 1st half of my career(Season 1) up until the winter transfer window with AC Milan i was dominating most games and either beating big teams like Roma and Napoli and drawing teams like Juventus ar Inter. Then i moved on to Manchester United and got them the treble by just using the tactic, with a slightly weaker team. The 2nd season with Man United I'm almost at the end of the season and i have yet lost or drawn a single game. I also have just conceded 2 goals in the whole entirety of the season, that being UCL(Rosenborg 1-2 MUFC and FA Cup Leicester 1-4 MUFC) I would also like to note since this tactic is an offensive based tactic, it works really well, for instance I've beaten Chelsea 4 times this season easily in the PL 3-0 ; 3-0 ; in a friendly 3-0 and in the League Cup 4-0(Chelsea are 2nd in the PL and 6 points behind me with 2 losses in the whole of the season so far.)

Only problem with this tactic i can see is for it to work like it does for me, you need a playmaker that can ensure you goals and loads of assists(for instance Draxler or Harry Kane at the AMC role) and a good defense. So what i would advise to do is find a suitable playmaker and set up a really good defense and you should be alright.

Regarding the Premier League (PR), it is by far the most difficult league to play into. You might win 0-2 away vs Man City and then loose 1-3 home vs Stoke for example.... In Premier League, there are 7-8 world class teams and even the "smaller" ones have players of high value and attributes. While on other leagues there are 3-4 maximum good teams (1-2 of them would be world class)

I am playing Chesterfield in 2023 (3rd year in PL now) and i always try different tactics in order to have some stability in the results. I tried all the most popular tactics but nothing was stable.

This year i said that i would give a shot at the classic 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 and finally i have some stability at the performance of my team! (3rd place now).

I m guessing that the 4-4-1-1 formation gives you the control in all the parts of the field and give you chances to score that this particular game favors. And those are:

1) Crosses from wingers to FW and AMC and headers or one-timer shots to goal
2) One-two pass combination from FW and AMC leading to many one vs one situations (there is a bug here, i posted on BUGS form)
3) Control over the sides of the pitch. With a ML and a DL (same for the right side) you block the majority of the opponents winger attacks. I honestly think that this is the factor that leads to stability in the results.

Cheers!

chesterfield1.jpg

• Like 1