Soccer Manager 2018 Out Now
BeeLen

Latest update removed game slots

The new update has caused some issues on facebook gameroom.

Number of game slots has gone from 3 to 2.

I was playing on slot 2 and was doing very nicely and that game has gone and replaced with a game date 01/01/0001 where Vicky has taken over at Manchester United

Do you actually do QA before releases?

The last one lost my game too.

And you have done it again.  Facebook Gameroom downloaded SM2018 this morning and I was thinking here we go again.  And yep at the screen without my game slot and game date 01/01/0001

I have lost all faith in SM now

Hey, thanks for reporting this.

We're really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. This is a very uncommon bug whereby the game file becomes corrupted. We're not 100% sure what causes it, but we believe it can happen if the names of the save files get changed, either by accident or through human error. Have you moved or edited your save files in the SM2018 file directory at all?

Theo

Hi Theo

I hadn't changed or moved the save files.

What I have done since was to rename the directory and then started SM2018 again, saved a new game and then copied the save file to the new directory and that when loaded shows the weird timeslot and not the game.  So basically I have lost the game completely :(

Its not the first time this has happened so I think you need to check out more why do the files get corrupted.

I have found the reason that if facebook gameroom closes unexpededly (as it is wanten to cause my laptop to crash even when cpu and memory monitoring show it to be healthy) the save file gets corrupted possibly as its being written to at time of closure.  The good news is a backup for C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Soccer Manager Ltd\SM2018  and then copying the save file back if the original location has corrupted works.