Soccer Manager 2018 Out Now
Sign in to follow this  
t0k3m0nk3y

Morale

Hi all, just a quick question regarding player Morale.

So I'm in my second season as Ipswich Town and am doing well. We're top of the league and having a good league cup run. Problem is around 6 of my first team have rather low morale... and when I say rather low I mean red arrows for all.

My question then I guess is how do i raise morale without it costing me coins? I can' talk to the players and contracts negotiations are non-existent. 

What can I do as it's starting to affect the teams performance.

Thanks all and Happy New Year

Player morale depends on a number of different factors including the team's performance, whether the player is placed on the transfer or loan list, if the player is playing too many or too few games, the player's fitness/injury status and so on. The best approach is to rest to try and rest up players who play often and see if this improves their morale. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Theo and thanks for the reply. I will most definitely try these things out. My latest signing of Danny Drinkwater is a prime example. He was in Chelsea reserves so I snapped him up for £8m. He started off with the green up arrow and within 8 games his morale was at a massive low.

He's my highest paid player and I'm playing him in his preferrd position. I just find it difficult to believe he would drop so low so quickly. Part of me believes it's a company ploy 🤔, lower Morales so more people feel inclined to purchase coins to do the 'Morale Boost' 😂

Edited by t0k3m0nk3y