Soccer Manager 2018 Out Now

Anyone have some very strange things happen when the latest update was dropped this week? Many of my players now have different names. It is very strange. I feel like a stranger to my team.

I want my old team back. How can SM just up and change a major part of my roster with one update? Can’t I have my old team back?

I don’t know what happened, but today the prior names of the players on my team were restored. With familiar names, I was again able to manage the team without confusion. Thanks for whatever was done to correct the problem..

Hi, we are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this bug. We became aware of it very quickly thanks to reports from users such as yourself, and this meant we were able to fix it before it became too damaging. The reason for the bug was that Youth players were being regenerated. We're happy to hear that its now fixed for you! :D

I don’t know if this is related, but this morning I opened the program and got a page warning me about data packs. It sends me to a website that explains data packs. But I cannot open the program. How can I open an internet page, but not get my SM program to work? I hope that I haven’t lost all my game history! 

I see on the internet a variety of data packs. How do I know the default pack that I started with? How do I get the program to open again?

Sorry for the panic, but if I don’t have my SM for the metro ride to work, it is crisis. I restarted my device, and the program started just fine. I still don’t understand what data pack I am using, or how it makes a difference - the world’s players are all the same.

I understand that the update gremlin had to do with youth players. I am missing two veteran players, Jordan Ferri and Anthony Lopes. I do a search and don’t find them with any other team. I went back through all my messages, and there was no notice that they left the team. I was careful to watch the off-season retirements. They just seemed to disappear, and I am wondering if all the youth player “spawning” that I have seen - whether that inadvertently pushed them off the roster. Since the last update, I am less confident in the program. Any explanation?

I don't know what has happened by when I try to start SM2018 on my laptop in Facebook Gameroom it now just loads this screen and goes no further.  I was into my 2nd season and doing very well.  I had had problems that the game caused my laptop to crash a few times so don't know if that is part of the problem but after every crash it restarted back to where it had last saved.

image.thumb.png.be0332a42df7bb3f48fbe1efa35b3e05.png

I've been digging around my laptop and can see it was when it downloaded a package called "17" the issue came up.  From what I can see 15 was working very well.   

Can you please ditch 17 so it doesn't try to download it every time I start the game up in facebook gameroom?