Sign in to follow this  
Ante Pavelić

Player's ability and talent (overall)

What is the best way to "quickly" upgrade player's overall? I am managing PSG and I signed Donnarumma and i play now the third season with him and his overall is stil 81 which frustrates me. I don't want to sell him but I expected way more when I signed him.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:53 PM, Ante Pavelić said:

What is the best way to "quickly" upgrade player's overall? I am managing PSG and I signed Donnarumma and i play now the third season with him and his overall is stil 81 which frustrates me. I don't want to sell him but I expected way more when I signed him.

In training use the advanced keeper sessions and don't have too many keepers as only one keeper trains a week!

dont worry , i bought donnaruma and he is a late bloomer i guessed , because hes 87 at 27 y/o now at my club

Players can improve in two ways. They will improve as they get older, up until around the late 20's, when their stats will begin to drop off again. They will also improve with training.

I personally recommend that you sell or loan out any players that you do not need from your reserves, so that they don't get improved via training when there is other more important players that can be improved instead.

15 hours ago, Theo(SM Support) said:

Players can improve in two ways. They will improve as they get older, up until around the late 20's, when their stats will begin to drop off again. They will also improve with training.

I personally recommend that you sell or loan out any players that you do not need from your reserves, so that they don't get improved via training when there is other more important players that can be improved instead.

yea thats a good tip as well , sometimes i find that thre are too many reserves in my squad and it affects as my main players wont get trained whenever i train them but instead most of the reserves are trained which i dont intend to. so removing reserves will help

Personally I don't keep any reserves. If I sign for a new club I go through them to see if there are any worth keeping (usually there isn't) - and I put the rest on the transfer list.

The only time I did keep reserves was when I was on a long career (winning 30/40 trophies) and all the good players at the start of the game were retiring. By the end of it I had to start signing all the younger talent and leaving them in reserves just so I always had a good player to replace an old one. All the other teams weren't much good as I was just sucking up all the decent players.