CherryCoke

Players not interested.

I've been playing the game for quite a while, but as of a few days ago I can't sign players over the value of about £4.5 million - I always get a message saying that "I do not feel a move to your club would be beneficial to my career".

I was in the English Championship at the time so I concluded that there had been an update to the game - and players weren't interested now as I wasn't in the Premiership. Due to not being able to buy decent player it took 3 seasons to get promoted - but I got there in the end. So I tried signing players again and I'm still in the same situation. I played through the season and managed to finish in 7th, I'm now at the start of the next season and I still can't buy anyone over about 4.5 million.

In the mean time the cash my club has in the bank has increased so much that it's much more than my entire team put together. Scouting has become totally pointless, and the only route to getting a decent player is through the Youth Academy - I lucked into getting one worth 9 million last season.

I'm not sure what to do now as it seems I'm stuck. Money is useless, and I can't strengthen the team to have a chance of progressing and winning trophies. Any ideas to solve this would be welcome.

We believe that this bug is now fixed in the latest update, which is being rolled out today.

You should be able to sign free agents now, and you should not receive the "(player) is not interested" messages anymore.

Thanks for you patience while we fixed this!

Theo

As someone that is in is 7th season on a 2nd league club who was failing to get free agents worth more than 7 million or so, I can confirm that this has been fixed.

Thanks @Theo(SM Support) and team :D

Thanks for sorting this.

Incidentally I like that some players wouldn't be interested in signing - it's more realistic, but whatever criteria that was being used in that update needed addressing.

For instance, a decent player isn't likely to want to drop down a division, but the same player in his low 30s would be more interested in doing that in order to get more first team games.

So I wouldn't scrap the system, just tweak it a bit.

• Like 2