Resolution and aspect ratio (BUG)

graygax

I have a 2 in 1 laptop I tried tablet mode and rotated the screen to portrait view and then back to landscape and it is now stuck like this. I have tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it I even went as far as creating a new steam account and also uninstalling and reinstalling steam but it was still stuck this way. I tried changing the launch settings to the right resolution but it didn't change I don't know what else to do

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (9).png

Hi, thanks for the message. We are aware of display issues that a small percentage of users are having. Please ensure your game is fully updated as we made some improvements on the latest update. We will try and improve this further in future updates.

It could just be that the game is not properly compatible with this device. Try using the launch commands in the game settings (check Google to find out how this works). If the issue continues, you may simply have to try and play on a better screen with a higher resolution. Many thanks!

Guest Resolution problems

Last year, my SM 2020 game just randomly had the same resolution problem, so I held the ALT key while launching the game and fixed the problem using configuration settings for the game. This year the same thing happened, SM2021 worked perfectly on fullscreen for me and the game was very much enjoyable, but then the resolution problem. I tried the same solution but the game keeps launching before even going into configurations. My computer is also compatible for the game and there is no problem with it. It is fully updated as well.

On 1/6/2021 at 1:40 AM, Theo(SM Support) said:

Hi, thanks for the message. We are aware of display issues that a small percentage of users are having. Please ensure your game is fully updated as we made some improvements on the latest update. We will try and improve this further in future updates.

It could just be that the game is not properly compatible with this device. Try using the launch commands in the game settings (check Google to find out how this works). If the issue continues, you may simply have to try and play on a better screen with a higher resolution. Many thanks!

Last year, my SM 2020 game just randomly had the same resolution problem, so I held the ALT key while launching the game and fixed the problem using configuration settings for the game. This year the same thing happened, SM2021 worked perfectly on fullscreen for me and the game was very much enjoyable, but then the resolution problem. I tried the same solution but the game keeps launching before even going into configurations. My computer is also compatible for the game and there is no problem with it. It is fully updated as well.

1 hour ago, graygax said:

yeah I tried the alt method but the configuration settings didn't show up for me either the game was working fine before but now its just stuck like this and i'm forced to play sm20

The SM staff is not helpful, they're telling us to use google to search for solutions as if they don't know how to solve these issues themselves, they're telling us to get better devices with better compatibilities if this doesn't work out. I don't think there is a solution for this at all, why can't they just tell us that?

1 hour ago, graygax said:

yeah I tried the alt method but the configuration settings didn't show up for me either the game was working fine before but now its just stuck like this and i'm forced to play sm20

The SM staff is not helpful. They should give us the solutions other than telling us to get better device with compatibility and telling us to look up solutions on Google. If there is no solutions for this, then let's just say they wasted an entire year trying to make a better game than SM 2020

11 hours ago, Guest Resolution problems said:

The SM staff is not helpful. They should give us the solutions other than telling us to get better device with compatibility and telling us to look up solutions on Google. If there is no solutions for this, then let's just say they wasted an entire year trying to make a better game than SM 2020

I was beginning to enjoy the game as well and now its unplayable they should've just updated the SM2020 player and team database fix the old bugs and any new ones and add some new features instead of remaking the entire game 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.