BadJob

What Have You Guys Been Doing For The Past 2 Years

I'm actually amazed how bad you guys managed to produce this game, the world should take you as an example on how to "upgrade" anything. I do not even know where to start. The reason that I'm so pissed is not because you guys made a very bad game, but because you had a great building block (sm 18) and threw this piece of junk on us as "sm19". With an 85+ team (man city with neymar and oblak additions), I have 30% vs relegation teams in both the prem, the cl, and the cups, that makes no sense. If you are gonna nick my wins away, at least do it respectfully. Rather than making me loose to west albion, make me loose to United or Chelsea with a decent possession. Although you guys stated that the transfermarket was much better than the previous one, its a goddamn joke :D Teams buy played off me only if I put them in the market, and the best deal I get is 15% down the actual price. On the other hand, if I want to buy a played from a team, I have to pay 30% + the actual price, total joke. The "development" phase sucks as usual, so you guys did not surprise me in that one. Wonderboys gain 1-2 points per year (not even during it, yearly random attribute boosts), while random kids come up with 90 overalls. Why the hell should I give points to training, when training gives my players no boosts? The cl draws suck, which I'll make no comments on, cause I have expecting it. What have you guys been doing for the past year? Your coding is probably very bad, no new ideas have been implemented, the game let alone being developed even a bit, it regressed from the previous soccer manager, and the only thing that you fellas changed is the graphics. No one cares about the game being 3d or not, everyone wants to have a more realistic, smooth and fun GAMEPLAY. Good job fellas, you guys have destroyed a game that millions loved.

• Like 3

I agree with the possession part, a championship side would have 80% possession over a club like man city and if you beat them with a score like 6-0 their players wins the man of the match. The transfers also is ridiculous, you rarely sell a player over their value but you buy players way over their value. And players with potential+a 4star training system doesn't quite grow in rating

• Like 1

You might find training isn't working as they keep resetting. I've had one guy train his pace 3 times to over 90, but today I see it's back at 84. Young player too.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:13 AM, BadJob said:

I'm actually amazed how bad you guys managed to produce this game, the world should take you as an example on how to "upgrade" anything. I do not even know where to start. The reason that I'm so pissed is not because you guys made a very bad game, but because you had a great building block (sm 18) and threw this piece of junk on us as "sm19". With an 85+ team (man city with neymar and oblak additions), I have 30% vs relegation teams in both the prem, the cl, and the cups, that makes no sense. If you are gonna nick my wins away, at least do it respectfully. Rather than making me loose to west albion, make me loose to United or Chelsea with a decent possession. Although you guys stated that the transfermarket was much better than the previous one, its a goddamn joke :D Teams buy played off me only if I put them in the market, and the best deal I get is 15% down the actual price. On the other hand, if I want to buy a played from a team, I have to pay 30% + the actual price, total joke. The "development" phase sucks as usual, so you guys did not surprise me in that one. Wonderboys gain 1-2 points per year (not even during it, yearly random attribute boosts), while random kids come up with 90 overalls. Why the hell should I give points to training, when training gives my players no boosts? The cl draws suck, which I'll make no comments on, cause I have expecting it. What have you guys been doing for the past year? Your coding is probably very bad, no new ideas have been implemented, the game let alone being developed even a bit, it regressed from the previous soccer manager, and the only thing that you fellas changed is the graphics. No one cares about the game being 3d or not, everyone wants to have a more realistic, smooth and fun GAMEPLAY. Good job fellas, you guys have destroyed a game that millions loved.

yeah great job pointing those up, but still no matter how much you ask for improvement, it will never come.

Actually many people wanted better contract negotiations and we got them, we also wanted improved transfers and we also got them, so therefore new ideas have been implemente. Your entitled to your own opinion but please do not bash other peoples work unless you can do a better a job at coding a football management game.
The game is a massive improvement over 2018 and it keeps getting better with new updates including a 2d match engine.

Also the SM 19 has a 4.4 rating on the Goggle Play Store which means people love it.

8 minutes ago, craigibhoy said:

Actually many people wanted better contract negotiations and we got them, we also wanted improved transfers and we also got them, so therefore new ideas have been implemente. Your entitled to your own opinion but please do not bash other peoples work unless you can do a better a job at coding a football management game.
The game is a massive improvement over 2018 and it keeps getting better with new updates including a 2d match engine.

Also the SM 19 has a 4.4 rating on the Goggle Play Store which means people love it.

HAHAHHAHA... Better contract negotiation? Buying a 30m player for 50m? Or selling a 30m player for 15m tops? Or not getting a single dime throughout the season via matches, and relying solely on prize money for transfers? While I have the right, and knowledge to bash the worst coding personal I have ever seen, its pretty clear that you are one of those fanboys that will ride whatever crap is thrown at you. There is absolutely no improvement in the game, in fact it is less smooth, less realistic, and way more glitchier compared to the previous games. Having as terrible coding as they have in such a simple engine is disgusting by itself. It is also very clear that you know nothing about coding, thus appraising this piece of crap. I, as a senior in computer science, can code this game in no more than 3 days with a better job (less glitches, more realistic features) and if a group of individuals who WORK form a firm, and DO this coding can't make a better job; they are literally asking to get bashed by people with education while fanboys like you will keep divinize them. So get the hell out of this post before I bash you with more statements.

• Haha 1

You clearly have no clue about football. WHAT has buying a 30mil player for 50mil go to do with contracts?  buying a player has nothing to do with contracts, only after you have agreed a price then it's down to contracts.
Your are bashing this game because you are a FM fanboy. 2018 had no option to offer how many years you wanted the player for, 2019 has that option.  In 2018 we couldn't move money from wages to transfer funds and vice versa, in 2019 we can in 2018 here was no 3d match engine now in 2019 there is, there is also a 2d match engine. so this means there has been improvements. Not to mention the updated UI which means User Interface because you don't know nothing.
Another thing to add, the match engine from beta release to 1.0.5 has been improved in nearly all updates.
4.4 Google Play Rating explains it all :D

Actually can staff ban this idiot he is poison to this community.

Edited by craigibhoy

Hi @BadJob

Thanks for your feedback on SM19, we are always looking for more feedback as it lets us know what our users like and don't like in the game, its also a great way for us to find and track down any bugs in the game. From what we can see currently the vast majority of players are happy with the game as it stands, so it would be great to discuss the concerns with the game, that you have mentioned above in more detail. Hopefully i can provide some clarification on any issues you have seen, and if not then we could discuss how best to resolve things.

Bamber

On 11/25/2018 at 5:32 AM, BadJob said:

HAHAHHAHA... Better contract negotiation? Buying a 30m player for 50m? Or selling a 30m player for 15m tops? Or not getting a single dime throughout the season via matches, and relying solely on prize money for transfers? While I have the right, and knowledge to bash the worst coding personal I have ever seen, its pretty clear that you are one of those fanboys that will ride whatever crap is thrown at you. There is absolutely no improvement in the game, in fact it is less smooth, less realistic, and way more glitchier compared to the previous games. Having as terrible coding as they have in such a simple engine is disgusting by itself. It is also very clear that you know nothing about coding, thus appraising this piece of crap. I, as a senior in computer science, can code this game in no more than 3 days with a better job (less glitches, more realistic features) and if a group of individuals who WORK form a firm, and DO this coding can't make a better job; they are literally asking to get bashed by people with education while fanboys like you will keep divinize them. So get the hell out of this post before I bash you with more statements.

oh couldn't agree more, especially the part when you didn't get a single dime after home match. and what's the point of those money from the board but not added to the transfer budget. your tranfer budget basically only come from selling players.

On 11/25/2018 at 6:44 AM, craigibhoy said:

You clearly have no clue about football. WHAT has buying a 30mil player for 50mil go to do with contracts?  buying a player has nothing to do with contracts, only after you have agreed a price then it's down to contracts.
Your are bashing this game because you are a FM fanboy. 2018 had no option to offer how many years you wanted the player for, 2019 has that option.  In 2018 we couldn't move money from wages to transfer funds and vice versa, in 2019 we can in 2018 here was no 3d match engine now in 2019 there is, there is also a 2d match engine. so this means there has been improvements. Not to mention the updated UI which means User Interface because you don't know nothing.
Another thing to add, the match engine from beta release to 1.0.5 has been improved in nearly all updates.
4.4 Google Play Rating explains it all :D

Actually can staff ban this idiot he is poison to this community.

what give you the power to tell them to ban people who give them knowledge about what's the downside of their game? hahahah😂🤣

Edited by kjakka

6 hours ago, kjakka said:

what give you the power to tell them to ban people who give them knowledge about what's the downside of their game? hahahah😂🤣

First off you shouldn't be on a forum if you don't know how one works, if someone is being an idiot then when there is no staff online its up to forum users to help keep it a better place by reporting people etc. Secondly he was actually criticising the development team and by saying that no new idea's were implemented when clearly they were.
He said they destroyed the game, If they did, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have a 4.4/5 rating on the play store.

Damn, yeah you guys are toxic. Craig actually seems to be talking some sense here. Look you're entitled to your opinions, don't get me wrong, but there's a way to do it where it's constructive instead of coming off totally arrogant. I mean I bashed the game last year at the beta level, and this year at the beta level, and they do generally listen to what has been said and correct most issues. There's are still some things wrong with the game sure, but it's a free game cut them some slack. I have an issue in that the transfers for my Celtic team only come from other Scottish team's, but I didn't scream and about about it. I constructively put it in a post on here. I have no idea what you guys are on about with not getting money for home games, I get mine fine, and yes we didn't need the 3D gameplay, it was glitchy and slow, but they've updated to have a 2D option which is much smoother now. And of course if you transfer list a player your going to get less than he's worth. That's obvious. Because it means you don't want the player anymore so team's try to undercut the value. Just like in the NBA or NFL, if a player asks for a trade, the team will get less for him because other teams know he wants to leave. That's just common sense. Same for if you're buying a player. If they player isn't transfer listed then of course his price is going to be higher because the team wants to keep him. And yes, team's should make bids on your players without you having to put them on the transfer list so you can get more money from them but maybe it's something they're working on fixing. But don't come in here bashing on the developers saying that they're doing a terrible job. You wouldn't like it if we all did the same to you and told you that you were bad at your job. It's just not right

On 11/28/2018 at 2:34 AM, CraftyCrab said:

And of course if you transfer list a player your going to get less than he's worth. That's obvious. Because it means you don't want the player anymore so team's try to undercut the value. Just like in the NBA or NFL, if a player asks for a trade, the team will get less for him because other teams know he wants to leave. That's just common sense. Same for if you're buying a player. If they player isn't transfer listed then of course his price is going to be higher because the team wants to keep him. 

well I offer less for someone that's transfer listed, still they reject it

On 11/26/2018 at 6:39 AM, SM Dev (Bamber) said:

Hi @BadJob

Thanks for your feedback on SM19, we are always looking for more feedback as it lets us know what our users like and don't like in the game, its also a great way for us to find and track down any bugs in the game. From what we can see currently the vast majority of players are happy with the game as it stands, so it would be great to discuss the concerns with the game, that you have mentioned above in more detail. Hopefully i can provide some clarification on any issues you have seen, and if not then we could discuss how best to resolve things.

Bamber

I honestly think that what I implied was very clear and relatively easy to fix from the programming point of view, so I could not quite get what you meant when you said "in more detail". Solution is pretty simple. Adding algorithms (very basic) which match the improvement seen in the training facilities to the player cards (just a single bond of coding will get the job done). I've seen that you guys have improved the possession "bug" so congrats on that great job. Still have a few problems with the gameplay. Having 25 shots a game, 15 on target and not scoring a single goal frustrates many players. It's pretty clear that the games are "pre-destined", and you must change the algorithm of that. Putting in worse players in overall who have lower morales might make you win a game that you drew with the best players on high morales which is very frustrating. Even seeing that your team had 25 shots and no goals is frustrating. Rather than predestining the end game results, you should make a shots on target/goal percentage. 1 goal for every 5-6 shots on target seem respectable. Transfer budget should honestly be the easiest thing to both understand and fix. Literally rather than giving bs values on the "finances" section, write out a code which instantly makes the calculation (weekly income-weekly expenditure) which instantly changes the lower bottom part of the balance. No user wants to see a -20m decrease in their bottom right corner the moment transfer windows opens... Transfer prices are still utterly stupid. The only half decent offer you get are for the "star" players. I also am fully aware that I just lost 5 minutes in writing this since you wont make any changes regarding the real problems. You fellas are trying to milk a cow that is going to die soon, rather than trying to fix it in order to make revenue in the long term. Just like the "football man" game we had a few years back. 

Hi @BadJob,

In regards to the match engine, all of your matches are played out in real time. None of the outcomes are fixed or predetermined, they are simply a result of what happens in the match. The engine will react to the tactics and players on both teams, their stats, their current level of fitness etc. So this means if you change your lineup or tactics, before the game or during, the match will play out differently as your team will make different plays or change how hard they push, depending on what has changed. And with those changes the AI team will react in different ways to your team. However if you run the match and don't change anything it will play out again the same. But even if you change your tactics there is no guarantee that it will change the outcome of the match. 

The issues with the transfer budget that you have put forward, I've found difficult to answer. This is because your suggestion to calculate the weekly income and outgoings is exactly how the game currently works, and all of the values that are shown influence the total balance of your team. We have changed the way the teams balance works a lot since SM18, with the separation of the wage budget and transfer budgets. We feel like this adds more depth to the game and makes you think more about the transfers that you are making as that team, in order to balance the cost of your players wage bill to the income generated at you club. That being said with it being a new feature it is more likely to have bugs than other areas and it is easy to be unbalanced for some teams. If you are seeing a £20m decrease in your game we would have to look at that on a case by case basis to figure out what is happening see if there are any underlying issues. If you send us a bug ticket with the effected save file loaded we can get a copy of your save file and look into it here.

I am interested to keep exploring feedback further on here and any other thread for that matter, i do read the vast majority of posts when i can, and i want to keep up with this kind of community engagement. Don't worry about spending time on writing replies, i have likely spent longer writing this one :D 

Hey Bamber. What about player values. It's a big turn-off for me to see how some players are overvalued. I saw one player from the Belgian league valued at £20m. If I were to sign him he would cost £20m. 

What I don't understand why are values for average players so bad. For top players they are okay 

1 hour ago, theshed876 said:

Hey Bamber. What about player values. It's a big turn-off for me to see how some players are overvalued. I saw one player from the Belgian league valued at £20m. If I were to sign him he would cost £20m. 

What I don't understand why are values for average players so bad. For top players they are okay 

I have noticed that values for youth players coming out of own academy are really bad, yet some youth players in other teams & some free agents are a lot higher.  

• Sad 1

That's sad. I really thought this game would be a major setup but it's unplayable for me if values are not fixed

Hey guys,

A players value is determined by the players current rating, age and hidden potential. Factors that reduce a clubs demands are contract length and player morale. For the most part we believe that our algorithm is solid and generates realistic player values, but if you think thats wrong we would need to see evidence of this before we can look into tweaking the algorithm, including the name of the player, their current stats, club they are at and contract length

With the youth players coming out of your academy, the quality of the player is all based on chance. To try to mimic real life the chances of you getting star player through the academy is always low, but the chances do increase when upgrading the youth academy. However this it is not guaranteed to give you the good players so if your unlucky this could be why your not seeing any come through. Other teams youth players work in a similar way, except their chances are weighted towards how good the club is, so this means that teams like Real Madrid will get some better youth players coming through than lower league teams will. It has been done this way because there was an issue in SM18 were some AI teams could stagnate many seasons in, once all the real life players had retired a team like Real Madrid could have been left with only average players that came through the youth academy a few seasons prior. We are aware thought that the youth academy can be improved upon and its something that we are looking into, but it will not be a simple fix, as it will have to be balanced with the rest of the game.

Thanks for the messages, I hope that this will clear things up for you.

Hans Vanaken: Club Brugge, 25 years old, 4-year contract and 72 rated. SM19_2018-12-07-11-28-52.thumb.jpg.c88322fcdcfc53abd416574882ff37fc.jpg

Soccer Manager worlds with the soccerwiki rating.2048864579_SmartSelect_20181207-114330_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b3cf0723e11806c00a8db6186e215d8f.jpg

SM Worlds value is a truer reflection. Add 5 million to that and £12m wouldn't be a bad fee but £25m is way off. 

I don't see why paying more for less makes any sense. The highest soccerwiki rating is 99 and the highest SM19 is 97. 

At 88 the player is 11 off the best soccerwiki rating of 99 and is valued at £7m.

At 72 the player is 25 off the best SM19 rating of 97 and is valid at £20m. Which means he worst than before even though the highest rating is dropped by 2. 

That's a £13m markup for some who has moved further from the best 

There's a few points to make generally about this that I think can explain this for that player. Firstly is that these are two different games, even though both games derive there data from the SoccerWiki they handle them in different ways. In SM19 the ratings of all players, which are obtained from the wiki, are scaled back in order to give room for player growth. That's why the ratings are different for the same player, but it doesn't mean that the player is worse on SM19. 

The value is calculated completely differently in both games as well. SM19 takes alot more factors into account when calculating a players value than worlds does, and have two very different economies, in SM19 its much easier to obtain cash and its much easier to sell your players than it is on worlds where cash is in shorter supply and its real people making decisions on transfers. Because of these factors the values of players need to change.

I know that it's two different games but for the lesser players, the worlds value seems to reflect how much they are worth in real life. For the better players, the values seem more realistic in SM19. I've noticed since Messi value has been moved from £50+m in SM19 to a £100+m it set off a chain reaction of lesser players being overvalued. 

I don't get what is meant by scale back to allow growth. Some players for me is just too underrated in SM19. It seems once your wiki rating in under 95 your SM19 rating will look suspect. Take Florian Thauvin, for example, he's 91 on the wiki that's just 8 off the best of 99. When he is scaled back he is 79 on SM19 and is further behind a lowered rating off 97. If he's now 18 ratings behind the highest rating why is he not worst than before.

On 11/14/2018 at 5:13 AM, BadJob said:

You can still play the 2018 version dude