NickSpeed

Strikers not scoring

Guys I need some help. My strikers never seem to score. I usually play my matches with 0-0 draw or a 0-1 loss with my team having 15 shots or more, 8 of which are on target while the other team has 1 shot and one goal. I have some good strikers but they seemingly aren't scoring. I've attached a picture of my squad and formation. I've set my attacking style and passing style to mixed, tempo to normal and play attacking. Switching my stacking style to through the middle doesn't help. Anybody got any ideas? Buying more players is out of question, I've got no money and the transfer window is almost closed.

Screenshot_2018-11-18-19-58-06.png

Hi, thanks for reporting this.

It could be a problem with the formation that you're using. Try using a different formation. Also, try to set all of your players to their preferred role. Hope this helps!

Theo

Tbh I've noticed the same. I only use preferred roles but all 8 strikers I've used were pretty ineffectual. Average ratings as low as 5. Midfielders score far more and get 9+ ratings every game.

I haven't really noticed this, i'm half way threw the second season as manager of Barcelona and my strikers score most of my teams goals. In the first season I used Suarez, Munir and Messi as my strikers rotating all of them, I gave munir and Suarez general forward role and Messi deep lying forward in a 4-3-3 B Fromation. All of them ended up having 15+ goals at the end of the season. I sold Suarez and bought Mbappe this season and his already banged in 36goals in all comps, Munir has 18 goals half way too Messi is at 7 but I mostly use him out on the Wing now.

Try using the preferred roles and you can try making the tactics of attack to Attack threw the middle, and with that formation you are currently using (in the screenshot) attacking threw the middle should work good. 

So yeah I've played a couple of matches so far and yet my strikers still haven't improved. My latest match ended goalless despite me having most of the possession and 7 shots on goal

Things went well in the end.

Unfortunately I was knocked out of the Champions League semi-final by Atletico Madrid, but I ended up winning the League and the Copa del Rey, with Icardi being a top goalscorer. 

For the new season, I've sold Firmino  and Modric, and now James will play in place of Modric, and Asensio (now has a rating of 85) will play in place of James as a wide forward. To replace Firmino I got Dybala, and so far so good. 

Thanks for the help everyone