So I thought I would give this a bash, trying to take a very small team in the lowest division in Scotland up through the leagues.  

I have chosen Edinburgh City, and have a starting balance of £142k with no transfer budget.  There is a decent sized stadium with a capacity of 16,500, but my starting fanbase is paltry 1,100.  

I am hoping to challenge for the title in my first season, but it may take some doing.

Any pointers greatly appreciated! 

IMG_0784.PNG

IMG_0785.PNG

IMG_0788.PNG

IMG_0787.PNG

Edited by HarrisDPO

Just over half way through the first season, and the team are doing really well.  I have purchased one player (albeit with gold coins) and others have come in through the academy.  I have displaced older and weaker players with academy players.

Sitting first in the table , and looking good for promotion into League 1.

Finances are healthier than when I took over at the start of the season, however still severely restricted with the wage bill.

Plenty of job offers in the first half of the season too, Arbroath, Greenock Morton, Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Motherwell, St. Mirren, Hearts and St. Johnstone.  

Looking to continue the good form, hopefully the Chairman will put some money into the club in the summer so we can strengthen the squad.

IMG_0805.thumb.PNG.1d5d8c33e00f6738f056df4951c5a488.PNGIMG_0806.thumb.PNG.98d517fd343f1f5bf9594db6a36e38f8.PNGIMG_0807.thumb.PNG.fef829a5a2fe1642d09ea427ed05613a.PNG

End of the season, 3 trophies and promotion in the bag.  Not sure how we managed to win both cup competitions, alot of tough competition from higher leagues.  Winning the league and Scottish Cup have bolstered the clubs finances, which now look pretty healthy for a small club.

Will be looking to add a good quality player or two in the summer transfer window to help in th League 1 campaign!  

Fanbase is still showing 1,100.  Average home attendance over the season 652 - the stadium has been pretty empty! 

IMG_0809.PNG

IMG_0810.PNG

IMG_0811.PNG

IMG_0812.PNG

IMG_0813.PNG

IMG_0814.PNG

Had some recent cup success with Edinburgh City, overcoming the mighty Rangers at Ibrox!  Formation was 5-4-1-A, starting off mentality was defensive, changing that to attacking after our 2nd goal.  Really was not expecting to win this game, but scraped through!  Next round we play Ayr United away at Somerset Park.

IMG_0815.PNG

IMG_0816.PNG

IMG_0817.PNG

IMG_0818.PNG

IMG_0819.PNG

End of Season 2

Finished on top of League 1, surpassing the board and chairmans expectations for the season.  Won both cup competitions again, which was good for the clubs finances.

Eight direct job offers this season from Kilmarnock, Livingston, Inverness, Ayr United, Greenock Morton, Dunfermline, Hamilton and Hibs.

Fanbase is still showing 1,100.  Average home attendance over the season 892, although in some of the bigger home cup games the attendance has been > 2,000.  I did expect that the fanbase would have grown by now...

Promotion to the Championship is going to be a big step up, so planning on taking in a couple of new players.

IMG_0828.PNG

IMG_0829.PNG

IMG_0830.PNG

IMG_0831.PNG